Not Much Happening!

2 May 2013 – We had a pre-construction meeting today with Andy Cobb and the construction manager who will be in charge of getting our house built.  I, for the life of me, can’t remember his name, but, he probably can’t remember mine either so were about even.

Anyway, we went over the floor plans to ensure he knew exactly what we wanted with the new house.  We moved some walls and added some closet space so he wanted to make sure he was looking at the same configuration we were.  We didn’t actually have very many changes or identify anything that was not already noted in the drawings.  We found out a little more about the look of the windows in the house, especially the back master bed room bow windows.  That’s going to look real sharp and we’re going to have to invest in some non-standard curtains for those.  It only took us about an hour and that was done.  The construction manager said that his crew would probably be pouring the foundation on 13 May.  After that, everything would be moving pretty fast.

We did drive by the lot and noticed they had done an initial clearing of the lot!  At last something had been done.  It was wet that day so we couldn’t get out and see much but we could see where they had pushed a bunch of boulders over into the next vacant lot and got them out of our yard.  I would think that next week, they’ll start framing the foundation so it will be ready for pouring on or about 13 May according to the construction manager.

18 April 2013 – Andy Cobb called and asked if we could come over and look at the new floor plans.  It was about 1 pm and we were not doing much so we took a short drive to the Wilshire Homes model home sales office. Andy was in his office and came out with a set of floor plans that were extremely hard to read!  Very small print since they were probably reduce down from the normal huge floor plan drawing sheets that architects usually produce.  I don’t know why they didn’t just have those available. Anyway, we looked them over and by squinting real had, we could make out some of the measurements for most all the rooms.  That wasn’t really necessary.  All we had to see was that the walls we wanted moved in the garage and the wall taken down in the fourth bed room had been done.  They built Ramona a nice huge sewing room with a big closet/storage area and I have  lots of storage space in the garage. Oh, we also got to see the very nice bow window built into the Master bed room.  That will give us a little more space and be very, very nice. I believe they have the floor plans done right.  We just signed on the top copy and that was that.  Took us all of thirty minutes.  We will still have a meeting with the construction manager sometime next week or so.  Work should also start soon with a survey getting done immediately.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *